EXPLORE NORTHERN KENYA
Welcome to Our 4 Days Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Nairobi to Marsabit
Depart early from Nairobi on Land Cruiser and drive north past Nanyuki and the beautiful farmlands of Timau to stop for fuel at Isiolo. Drive north and stopover for photos and sightseeing at Mt. Ololokwe before proceeding to Marsabit, a cool mountain town in the North. Drive up to Lake Paradise in time to see the animals coming out for an evening drink. The sunset from the hills is also worth the drive.
Day 2: Marsabit to Chalbi Desert – Kalacha Oasis – North Horr
After breakfast embark on crossing the great Chalbi desert. The journey leads you to a beautiful oasis at the edge of the Chalbi desert. The vast landscapes and open desert will amaze you. The crossing with skilled drivers on sand is thrilling. The tour will take you through the Kalacha oasis, a pleasant surprise in the middle of the very arid countryside. Spend the evening in cottages at the edge of the desert. The nights are great for stargazing. Its the perfect place to find your peace after a long stay in the city.
Day 3: North Horr – Ngurunit
Leaving the desert drive south to the beautiful 140Km long Ndoto Mountain range. Surrounded by mountains all round is the oasis village of Ngurunit. Here you will find some nice hills to hike and if not some pleasant pools to enjoy and swim in. It is one of the hardest places to leave after staying over. Beautiful tranquil and mind-blowing.
Day 4: Ngurunit to Nairobi
In the morning enjoy breakfast at camp. You may head up for a morning swim at the rock pool. Depart later in the day for Nairobi arriving early in the evening.
WHAT TO CARRY
- Basic Toiletries
- Shawl/light bedding
- Proper Comfortable outdoor Shoes
- Drinks and Beverages
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Light jacket as the evenings can be cold especially in Marsabit
- Snacks and biting for the long drives between meals.
- Day Pack /Small Bag to carry your personal items
- Identification card or passport
- Tip for crew and guides
- Full board Meals on Safari
- Transport on 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser
- 3 nights accommodation in lodges and camps
- Professional Tour Guide
- Lake Paradise tour
- Chalbi Desert cruise
- All Entry Fees
- Drinking water
- Swimming charges
- Personal items as listed above
- Tips for Guides
- Medical and Insurance Expenses
- Swimming charges
PROTOCOLS ON COVID -19
- Our Transport is compliant with government regulations on occupancy per vehicle of two per row. (6pax)
- Our cruisers are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before the Trip.
- The nature of this activity enables social distance with ease.
- There are no gatherings at the start or end except for a social distanced stretch
OPTIONAL DESERT ACTIVITIES
Cultural Pop Up Shop
Sundowner Traditional Coffee Date